AromaTouch Technique is a clinical approach to applying essential oils along energy meridians and visceral contact points of the back and feet to help stimulate and balance sympathetic and para-sympathetic nervous systems of the body. The AromaTouch technique improves well-being by reducing physical and emotional stressors and by supporting healthy autonomic function. The technique is simple and intuitive and uses essential oils for an unparalleled grounding experience.
The AromaTouch Technique includes four primary steps designed to minimize systemic stressors to autonomic balance. Each step includes the application of two essential oils or essential oil blends specifically formulated to support healthy emotional and physiological functions for well being.
The AromaTouch Technique is gentle and can be adapted to accommodate young or sensitive skin so that anyone can benefit without the worry of overwhelming the body. During your oil application, eight different fragrances will be used.
1. dōTERRA Balance essential oil blend creates a sense of calmness and well-being. Starting the AromaTouch Technique with this oil creates a great initial bond between the giver and receiver of this technique.
2. Lavender essential oil has been cherished for its unmistakable aroma and calming properties for thousands of years. Due to its soothing nature, it is used in the AromaTouch Technique to promote relaxation.
3. More commonly called “tea tree,” Melaleuca has 90 different compounds and limitless applications. Melaleuca is an essential part of the AromaTouch Technique for its cleansing effect.
4. dōTERRA On Guard offers fragrant, natural, and effective cleansing properties. Because of these benefits, it is used in the AromaTouch Technique.
5. AromaTouch essential oil blend is a massage blend that combines the benefits of oils well known for their calming and relaxing effects. The AromaTouch blend is used in the AromaTouch Technique because of its soothing sensation to the skin.
6. Deep Blue essential oil blend has an immediate tingling and warming effect on the skin. Because of this effect and its aromatic properties, it was chosen to be a part of the AromaTouch Technique.
7. Cold pressed from the peel, Wild Orange releases an energizing, citrusy aroma. We use Wild Orange in the AromaTouch Technique because of its ability to energize and revitalize.
8. Peppermint, a well loved oil by many, provides a myriad of benefits. Peppermint essential oil is used in the AromaTouch Technique for its overall invigoration and energy promoting qualities.
Jeanna Vanni began her career as a personal trainer (NSCA-CSCS) at a premiere health club. It is there that she was invited to become certified to teach Pilates through PHI Pilates. Jeanna quickly fell in love with the method. She realized Pilates was the only exercise method that was helping her clients see results no matter what gender, size or shape. Jeanna continued to study Pilates and went on to re-certify with over 725 teacher training hours through Body Precision Inc. in Bryn Mawr, PA.
Jeanna holds a special certification through the Pink Ribbon Program which helps women undergoing breast cancer surgery to regain confidence as well as strength in the affected areas.
Jeanna also became certified to perform AromaTouch, an application of 8 different essential oils applied along specific energy meridians for an unparalleled grounding experience.
Jeanna founded The Pilates Connexion in 2011 and recently opened her second location in Greenville, DE. Jeanna has brought her personal training experience as well as her as athletic background to her teaching healing a variety of clientele and helping others to discover a new sense of empowerment through movement. Pilates also helped Jeanna through all 3 of her pregnancies. She boasts Pilates is the best form of exercise to regain her "pre-baby" body. Jeanna now resides in Swarthmore with her husband and 3 children.
Teresa DiCampli (see full bio on Reiki page) She is also certified in AromaTouch Therapy.
Each session is 50-55 minutes and costs $85. Appointments available on Saturdays and Sundays. Contact us to make an appointment.
* Gratuity is not included in the price.